Monday, April 29, 2019

The People You Meet Along the Way - Hannah Mercer

I started scrapbooking in 1998, shortly after my grandson was born.  To this day, I have not scrapbooked all my photos of that little guy's life. (Yeah, he turns 21 this year).  But after the birth of my 2nd grandson many years later, I realized that when I focused on getting those photos, I missed out on moments.  That was more important to me, so I started putting the camera down and enjoying each moment, committing it to memory.  I've never been good with selfies either.  Same reason.

So it wasn't until Leanne at From Chaos Comes Happiness started posting about our trip to Plains, GA that I realized there were so many people I met that made it a memorable trip.  But because I was "in the moment", I failed to get pictures of all of them.  Nonetheless, they made the trip memorable, so I'd like to tell you about some of our new friends in Sumter County. 

Like Hannah Mercer.  Hannah is a Barista Trainer for Cafe Campesino, and she gave us a tour of their facility.  We got to meet some of the workers who roast and package the beans.  The story behind the founding of Cafe Campesino is so heartwarming. It started with a wheelbarrow of dirt that was dumped on a coffee bean plant during a Habitat for Humanity program in Guatemala.  Click on the link to read more.  Let me tell you, you'll have a whole new appreciation for fair trade purchases! 

I love that phrase "inspire conscious consumption"
This is Hannah!

    

After our tour, Hannah led us in some Latte Art!!  So much fun!  Leanne, the ultimate fearless artist, picked up a brush and jumped right in.
   

I'm not so much the artist, but I was lovin' the canvas!


Yes, Leanne made sure Frida Kahlo made it to the coffee cup!!
What a fantastic adventure at Cafe Campesino!  Oh, and while staying in Americus, we were right across the street from a Cafe Campesino retail store.  So that's where we had our breakfast and met up with Nicole for our next adventure.  

No comments: