Saturday, October 8, 2011

Reunion Time

Today's the day!  It's been in the planning committee's hands for six months already.  All because one classmate decided that it's time we get together. 

Me...not sure which grade
Today, 45 years after we graduated from eighth grade, many of my former classmates are getting together to talk about old times, talk about what has happened in our lives for the last 45 years, talk about our kids and grandkids, talk about those we couldn't find, and those who have passed.

When I was in grade school, I was convinced that I was not a likeable person.  In fact, when we were first approached about getting a committee together, I came right out and admitted that to the girl who started this up.  But seeing what I've seen raising my kids, and seeing how my daughter's 5th grade students act, I now know that it's part of growing up. 

So I'm looking forward to seeing these people who experienced some of the same doubts I did all those years ago.  I'm looking forward to hearing what their memories are.  And I'm excited!!

I'll let you know how it goes!

3 comments:

Ms. A said...

Have a wonderful time! I'll expect a full report.

Laura said...

PK - I can't believe the reunion is here already!! And I love love love the photos! You were definitely an adorable kid! I hardly recognize you!!! Only kidding! Can't wait to hear about the reunion!

Leanne said...

Very cool, PK!!! Have a WONDERFUL time. Can't wait to hear about it!