Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
- Perennials are one of the best things Mother Nature ever came up with. Plant 'em once and they share their beauty every year.
- There are good "geeks" in high school, and some of them are even popular.
- Everyone can use a little "reinforcement" from the sisterhood once in a while. Sometimes it's enough to convince you to move forward with your dreams.
- My daughter is a grown woman who is extremely capable of making very wise decisions.
- The saying that "being a parent is a job that, when done well, gets you fired" is one that makes me both sad and joyful at the very same time.
- Sometimes, I need caffeine. Well, maybe not NEED... but want. Sometimes I want caffeine.
- You can do someone a favor by being straight up with them. Don't beat around the bush trying to gingerly say what you are saying. Sometimes it's the straight talk that makes things crystal clear.
- Thoughts become things. Choose the good ones.
- I couldn't ask to have fallen in love with a better man than the one I'm in love with.
I hope you all have a wonderful, sun-filled weekend. As for me... I've got two days in front of me to do whatever looks good at the moment!! I'll let you know later what that ends up being.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
My very first visit to New York was just a couple of years ago. I visited Ground Zero. I was in awe at how reverently quiet it was, surrounded by New York street and pedestrian traffic. It's almost as if you could feel the angels protecting the area. It was a feeling I will never forget.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Topic: President Obama's speech to students on Tuesday, September 8th. Facebook polls, emails to teachers, threats of keeping kids home for the day, comparisons to what Hitler did with youth, on and on and on. "Oh sure, the speech is changed now that conservatives have voiced their strong opinions." To which I say, well apparently Mr. Obama has listened. Instead of being upset that he's "changed" the speech, rejoice!! He's removed the topics you've been concerned about.