Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween - Revisited!

Last night, I got to experience Halloween thru the joys of a 4 year old.  THIS is what Halloween is all about.  Mom and kids went door to door with neighbor kids and I stayed back at their place to hand out treats.  Here's a good place to note that everyone who came to the door was dressed in costume, nobody over the age of 15 showed up, and most were very courteous.  Parents waited at the end of the driveway, waved and said thank you as well.  How VERY refreshing to experience this blast from the past!!  SO different from my neighborhood experiences.

Anyway, by the time Spiderman got back from his door to door escapade, Daddy was home.  Daddy and I got to witness the biggest grin (seriously, ear to ear) and the best story about what it was like going out trick or treating.  Oh, to have had the video camera ready.  But that might have ruined the moment.  Thankfully, it's burned in my memory. 

"And Grandma, some people said,
'take one' and some people said,
'take two pieces'". 
Break me off a piece of that
Kit Kat bar.

Even Wonder Woman needs
a little snuggling!

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.  And yes, Peggy, there is a fun part of Halloween.  And I got a glimpse of it again, with my two little super heroes!!


3 comments:

Leanne said...

YAY!!!!! WAHOOOO!!! I KNEW it could/would happen! PEGGY LOVES HALLOWEEN! PEGGY LOVES HALLOWEEN! (Say it with me, will you?)

Hugs. ;)

Ms. A said...

I have real issues with the overage trick or treaters. I thinks we only had about 4 or 5 that should have stayed home and had a party with their peers. Glad you enjoyed the time and have the memories. What little I do, is mainly for the grandkids. I would cancel the whole thing, if it wasn't for them!

Laura said...

You love it! You really really really LOVE IT!!! I always knew you were a closet Halloween junkie! Love the photos of the kids!