Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas, er, Winter Cards

Many people know that one of my hobbies is cardmaking.  It's sort of an offshoot from scrapbooking.  What it does is offer you a quick fix when you need to create and don't have a lot of time.  Well, every year I have good intentions to make my Christmas cards.  The theme is always snow, snowflakes, snowmen...you get it.  I've included a couple pics of previous years' cards.  (Boy, I've grown in my cardmaking skills!!!) 
I very much enjoy making the cards, but I know I should start much earlier in the year to get the cards completed.  But I don't.  As a result, most years my good intentions of getting these cards in the mail get, er, let's just say sidetracked.  The Christmas cards end up getting mailed the week between Christmas and New Year's.  So, I can't really call them Christmas cards, can I??  Among my fellow scrappers, it's now become standard practice to call the cards I send out at this time of year "Winter Cards".  I mean, it's not like they have a Christmas tree or Santa Claus on the card.  They have some form of snow on them.  And when you think about it, isn't it kinda nice to receive a card with a peaceful theme AFTER all the hustle and bustle of the holidays??  See??  I could very well be on to something here.
Well the good news is, I spent some time with some good friends in the Scrapbook Cellar yesterday and TA-DA!!!!!  I got some cards done.  This time, no two are alike.  Except for the greeting.  The greeting never changes.  I think it's one of the most beautiful messages we could hear, not just at Christmas/Winter time. 
Care deeply,
Give freely,
Think kindly,
Act gently,
And be at peace with the world.
This is the spirit of Christmas.

So, now all I need to do is get them addressed and into the mail. Hmmmmmm, I wonder if I can do that before Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!! Even though I tease you about the "winter" cards, I do see your point -- it is nice to get a card after the Christmas rush is through. So, tell ya what, since you might be pressed for time addressing and stamping all those envelopes, just hold on to my card and mail it to me after Christmas. Bye the way, I LOVED last year's card - it was great!! Can't wait to see this year's card

Leanne said...

I love the top card in this post - soooo cool. Your cards are just beautiful, PK, and I am honored to have a collection of them. I will gladly except a winter card from you at any time (even February works for me!) You know that my own card mailing skills leave much to be desired, so I completely understand! ; )