Wednesday, March 24, 2010

U.S. Census 2010

The time has come to stand up and be counted.  I get that.  It's actually a federal constitutional mandate, y'know!!  The first was in 1790 after the American Revolution, and there have been 21 federal census since then.  You are required by law to respond to it. 

So besides them spending money during the Super Bowl to let you know it's coming, I'm sure you received the "It's coming" notification in the mail, and then the "Here it is" mailing (the actual form) and then the "Okay, you got it, now make sure you fill it out and send it back" notification in the mail.  Doesn't that just tick you off at how they can spend your money????

Oh, and in MY neck o' the woods, it comes in TWO languages.  I know they don't do this all over, because I've seen what they send to my daughter, and there's only one language. 

So in my effort to see the positive side of things, I'm just guessing with all this mailing going on, the U.S. Postal Service won't be asking for a raise for their stamp rates anytime soon!!

No comments: