Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Movies and Award....No, Not an Oscar!!

Have you ever had a time when you have so much rolling around your mind that you don't know where to start??  That's me today!! 

First, let me tell you about this award I got a couple days ago.  As much as I tried to get some time to write a post to tell you about this, I just didn't have enough time!  But I received a Happy 101 Award from Leanne at From Chaos Comes Happiness, who got hers from Leslie at Words of Me Project.  (I'm assuming the cupcakes will arrive shortly, Leanne?????)

The idea behind the award is to give it to someone who makes you happy and they can do the same to others.  So without further ado, I award this Happy 101 award to:

Michelle at So Wonderful, So Marvelous who just ran a RAK challenge to celebrate her 34th birthday.

Leslie at Running with Scissors who makes the most wonderfully beautiful cards you could imagine.

Betty at Bossy Betty who, although she's received this award before, I can't NOT tell others just how happy her Monday Morning Flower Delivery makes me.  Thanks, Betty!!  Your flower deliveries inspire me!!

And on Leslie's post on Tuesday, she asked about our favorite movies.  Movies you could watch over and over again.  I commented with this list:
Runaway Bride
Schindler's List
Fried Green Tomatoes
Steel Magnolias
Pretty Woman
Moonstruck
My Fair Lady
Somewhere in Time
Final Countdown
Lake House (There's a theme here...I love time travel movies that aren't gory or scary).

But at work, I thought of more. 
Sleepless in Seattle
The Truman Show (if you really give this one lots of thought once you've seen it, you can get into some really deep thoughts)
50 First Dates
Elf
Up  (a whole new experience when you watch it with a 2 1/2 year old who gets very active during "scary" parts).
I don't do blood and guts movies.  I know there are some suspense movies in my "really likes" but I can't think of one right now.  I mostly like chick flicks and time travel.
 
How about you??  What's your favorite movie?

4 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Thank you! Thank you! I'll have a special delivery for you on Monday! (Don't tell the others that they are just for you!)

Laura said...

Great movie list, PK!!! Many of your movies are also on my list. There are one or two I have to watch to see if I should add them to my list (Truman Show? 50 First Dates? I doubt that those would make it to my list.) Thanks for the post!

Leanne said...

Wahooo!!! PK!!! Love your list and love your post! Thanks, again, for always making me happy!!!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm just now seeing this. Thank you, Peggy! I love everything on your movie list, and some of them I've seen more than once, too.