Saturday, May 19, 2012

TGITW (Thank God It's The Weekend)

What a week!!  I had a wonderful Mother's Day!  Spent some time with the kids and grandkids at my daughter's house.  And realized something...that it doesn't matter whether my kids are 3 or 33, when they are in a good mood I am in a good mood.  It was so much fun

to watch my son play with his nephew. 



And to listen to this little girl declare at the top of her lungs, "I LUB YOU". 


And to look over and see my PG taking it all in. 

And to watch as he showed Ava how to prepare corn for the grill.

And to look at this beautiful daughter of mine basking in this life she has.
 

It was a great Mother's Day.

And then came work!  1700+ manila envelopes stuffed with registration material for the 2012-2013 school year.  Yes, we start preparing for the next school year as early as February.  And these envelopes are the culmination of that work.  So it would be a true statement to say that if I never see another manila envelope for a long time, it would make my day/week/month. 

Oh, except the Pick Your Plum envelopes.  But they're padded.  So that's different.  Have you heard of Pick Your Plum?  Each weekday they have an offer that lasts til they sell out.  I've gotten a number of deals on that site.  Shipping prices are phenomenal when you buy more than one of an item.

Looking forward to a shorter workday starting later this week. Gotta love summer hours!!  Gonna make the most of that additional hour at home by getting my garden in shape.  All I've got so far is:





Lots o'work to do.  I'll take pics of the progress!!

Do you have any garden plans?



6 comments:

Ms. A said...

I don't have a garden, so you're leaps and bounds ahead of me!

Love the photos!

Nicole said...

I wish I did have some garden plans! However, I have enjoyed watching my parents growing a wide variety of flowers and veggies.

Loved the pics! Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

What a great action picture of Jim & Jonathan!

Garden is ambitious this year- hopefully have enough of everything to share: cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, kale, onions, basil, parsley, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, cantelope, watermelon, strawberries, apples?

Love you!

Bill said...

Glad to see you are stopping to smell the roses or gardenias or whatever is growing in your garden.
Life is good when we spend it with those we love.

Cindi aka Ericksoc said...

Wow, these are great photos! Ava is getting so big! You are truly blessed.

Leanne said...

Just loving how you spent Mom's day, my friend! And the photos?? they are Wonderful!!! That garden looks pretty amazing, too! Can't wait to see more!