Sunday, November 4, 2012

Catching Up (seems to be my Middle Name!!)

Time to catch up on things.  It's been a busy couple of months.  New position at work.  Trying to settle in with the timing of things.  Nothing specific or highlight worthy.  Just busy!!  The post previous to this was one I started six months ago and has been sitting in my drafts.  It finally had a good example to tack on to make it all come together.  That's kinda how things are going in my life right now.

So let me catch you up with things.  Halloween.  If you are a regular visitor, you might remember from last year that I don't stay home to pass out candy.  Instead, I go to my daughter's house and pass out little cans of playdoh, while she takes the kids trick or treating.  This year, when my son-in-law got home, he put on a lion costume.


Gotta love how Ava looks at her brother!
Katniss and the Lion

Ava still not sure of this big ol' silent lion!!

Ava was a bit afraid of the lion when she got home.  She didn't want to react to a lion that wouldn't talk to her.  At first, she climbed in my lap and buried her head.  (Don't think I didn't enjoy the cuddling!!)  But eventually, in the safety of mommy's arms, she was a little more willing to get a little closer!

We've started on pulling everything out of the garden.  It's bittersweet, to be sure.  But seeing things cut back  makes me look forward to the planning for next year's garden.  BIG plans...need to start with the visioning now, so that it doesn't slip away!!

We took a ride to Michigan yesterday.  A one day trip to a botanical garden.  Just a getaway that was very much needed.  And very much enjoyed!!  Including lunch at the cafe on site.  Outstanding Harvest Pumpkin soup.  Very rich!!  Oh, yeah, side trips are definitely going to be happening more often!!
Taken thru a window at the cafe, so it's a little cloudy looking!

I've already started my Christmas shopping.  Things picked up at craft fairs that I think some of my favorite people might like.  It's always a good feeling when I start Christmas shopping early.

And today, I'm jonesing for some Mariano's Chicken & Dumpling soup.  Hmmm...I'm seeing a pattern with the soup thing here!  Must be fall!  Time to get back out into the garden to finish cleaning up.

Lastly, for now, I wanted to share with you a video that my boss has been working on.  It was a challenge presented to him by a colleague in another state.  But I love that he used so many students in this video.  And some faculty.  If you like the song, and haven't heard it ad nauseum elsewhere, then you'll probably enjoy this.



I leave you for now, but have a great week.  I really will try to post more often.  In the meantime, call me...maybe.

2 comments:

Ms. A said...

Love the Halloween photos. No fair that you got nice, clear shots. LOL!

I LOVE THAT VIDEO!!! Good job, Boss!

Bossy Betty said...

Stopped by to say hi and tell you to go ahead and be WACI with those older kids! There's a reason it sounds like Wacky! LOVED this video and the energy shown by the students! Got that song in my head now!