Thursday, February 7, 2019

When a Blogger Meets a Blogger!

When I started blogging in 2009 (I can't believe it's been 10 years), I used it as a way to express myself.  My posts have never been mind-altering, deeply insightful writing.  More just everyday, get to know me and my life posts.

But as you get to know fellow bloggers, women (mostly) you've never met face to face, you form friendships.  Virtual, cyber friendships.  But you know a lot about their lives, their struggles, their joys, and their passions.  Blogging served as an outlet and a support system.  Once in a while, you'd get to meet one of your blogger buddies, and it's always so comforting to hug this friend you've just now met in person. 

Fellow blogger and dear friend, Leanne at From Chaos Comes Happiness, and I have decided to go ahead with plans that began in the fall of last year.  We, along with her sister Laura, started making plans to head to Georgia to visit our blogger friend, Nicole of Destination Unknown.  When Laura was sick, those plans got put on hold. Once she passed, Leanne and I thought it would be a great to honor the plans that we had made.  It's what Laura would have wanted.

So next month, we are headed to Plains, GA, home of the 39th President of the U.S.  To learn the history of the area, try some boiled peanuts, catch up with our friend, and make it a "memorial" roadtrip.  Laura will be with us in spirit.

Can't wait to share the awesome adventure with you! 

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I cannot wait to take this trip with you, dear friend, and to meet our other dear friend, Nicole. My heart and soul and spirit needs it - and there is no doubt in my mind that it is going to be a wonderful time for all of us.