Thursday, January 31, 2019

Looking Forward

So I started 2019 back in December 2018.  As we were caring for my friend, Laura, I ran out of my daily meds and needed to get in to see my doctor for refills.  That's when I found out there were some major changes in my health.  So 2019 started with doctor visits and vows to take care of myself.  Getting to the gym has been difficult this month, since my calendar was filled with doctor appointments, but there's always the treadmill at home. I'm putting this out there for all to see so that I work on accountability.

So here we are on the last day of the first month in this new year and I'm doing well.  A whole lot less doctor appointments and I'm feeling so much better.

Chicagoland is nearing the end of this crazy polar vortex that brought us temperatures of -24.  Most people stayed inside and we endured! I did the same, but since I really, really dislike the cold, my mind was really here:
Atlantic sunrise
  

Our sub-zero temps really get me thinking about the spring and getting back into the garden.  I'm looking forward to these popping up.

Spring bulbs from Costco and Menard's
And this lady will watch over my garden this year.  She's 4 feet high, and ready to welcome the birds, butterflies and bees.  She will join this one that I found last year.  This little one is about 3 ft. high.


They make me happy.  They fill me with peace.  And when you fill the bird feeders to welcome the birds, and when the milkweeds welcome the monarchs, it feels like all is right with the world.


Yes, I'm ready for spring. And after this polar vortex stuff, I'll bet many of you are as well.




No comments: