Friday, January 18, 2019

It's Good (and Healthy) to be Back...Again

Last time I posted was in August 2017.  It's not like I've had nothing to say!  I think it's just making the time to say it on this page.  As the last days of 2018 exited, it was cause for me to say "good riddance."  Those of you who know me know that I lean toward finding the positive in my life.  But last year....whew!!  One for the books.

In April 2018, my middle sister lost her fight with cancer.  Younger sister and I took some trips to see her, aggravate her, care for her.  Y'know...sister things!  As much as we weren't that close, losing her had more of an impact on me than I would have imagined.

Then in November, a very good friend, and sister to Leanne at From Chaos 
Comes Happiness, was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive ovarian cancer.  She was gone within a month.  I was grateful that I was able to help in caregiving for her.  But that one took a lot out of her family and friends.

Unfortunately, all too often caregivers forget to take care of themselves.

That changes this year.  This year, I take care of myself.  So that I can better take care of others when they need me.  So I'll be blogging more, and sharing my insights into this 365 day journey around the sun that we call "Life".  It's good to be back.  I leave you with this sunrise.
Daytona Beach Sunrise
Peace and Love to you!  It's good to be back!!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Love it. And so glad to be back here in this Land of Blog with you, my friend. Yes, this year - we take care of ourselves so we can better take care of those who need it. So looking forward to 2019 with you.