Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day #2 a.k.a. Fun in the Sun

Day 2 of the Blizzard of 2011.  Snow day at work that is shocking all of us!!

We didn't finish digging ourselves out yesterday.  We got the driveway and the front walk cleaned off.  I love it when all the neighbors pitch in and help each other.  It's just so community, y'know?

So today, the plan was to get out and do the front steps and the walk leading up to them.  Problem is the area is so confined two couldn't shovel it.  'Twas a one-man operation.  And it's CO-O-OLD out there today but the sun is shining nice and bright.  I thought I'd share with you some of the snow artistry of my PG. 

Snow Wall built by My PG 2/3/11


This isn't the first time he's had fun with snow-creations.  There was the year (1988) we built a 10 ft. sitting snowman. (It sorta reminds me of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow guy in Ghostbusters.) 




And then there's the year when we didn't have enough snow so he couldn't build a snowman, but he managed to entertain those landing at O'Hare by removing snow in areas of the backyard. 

Makes you wonder about crop circles, doesn't it??

This will give you a better perspective of how big it was.


Today, I was quite entertained as I watched him build this wall.  So were others as they walked or drove by.  It's no wonder I'm in love with this guy!!  He keeps life interesting!!

What's in your life that keeps you smiling??

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh PK - I love this! I can't believe Georgie was out there in the cold building the wall. Gotta love the guy. Yes, we will keep him!

Bill Lisleman said...

Love the backyard crop circle - great idea.

Tracy said...

WOW!!! what a cool wall and the snowman was wonderful...but I am done with the snow and we didn't even have the blizzard here in NC. So I should talk, right?
but I'm ready for spring...

Leanne said...

PK! This is all TOTALLY NEW INFORMATION about PG!!! I LOVE his snow art - how cool is he?? BRILLIANT!!! We must keep him a little while longer now! ;)

BRAVO work, PG!!!! BRAVO!!!