Monday, July 25, 2011

Creative Avenues - The Road Now Traveled

My friend Leanne over at From Chaos Comes Happiness once said that she doesn't multi-task very well when it comes to creativity.  I think I'm the same way.  Sometimes it's art journaling, sometimes it's card making, sometimes it's writing/blogging and sometimes it's scrapbooking.  But I don't seem to be able to do more than one of those and feel like I'm putting a part of myself into them.  Does that make sense?  I guess it's like driving.  You can only be on one road at a time!

Lately, I've been having some fun taking up Design Challenges over at Big Picture Classes.  We are issued three challenges a week, roughly every other day.  And I've really been doing a good job of keeping up.  I thought I'd share with you some of the layouts I've completed in this class. 

The first challenge was to take something common and use it to design your layout.  I came up with this:


A checkerboard layout
(I love how the flash caught the center of the flower)
Photo courtesy of Colleen Buti

Challenge #2 was to use your photo as your base.  (I'll probably re-do this one by handwriting instead of computer writing). 

Cormick's Imagination

Challenge #3 was to use orange:

What a happy little girl!
Photo courtesy of Christine Buti

Challenge #4 was to use vintage font/type in your layout

So Silly
Photo courtesy of Christine Buti


Challenge #5 was to use a symbol as part of your layout (I think I may tweak this a bit).

The Door - left page

The Door - right page
Challenge 6 was to do an almost monochromatic layout.


Challenge 7, one of the most difficult for me, was to use bold/busy paper. 


Challenge 8, use a sign.

Photos by Edward Fox Photography

We've got three more challenges to go.  Can't wait to see what they are. 

But I guess that's all I have for you today!!  Sorry I can't think of any deep, probing, life changing question to post!  It's just not in me right now!!


3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, I think all your pages are fantastic! Now, can you share some of the creative talent with me?

scrapwordsmom said...

Challenges are soooo fun!! Everyone of these is briliant.

I loved the card you mailed me. Made me smile!:)

Ms. A said...

You done good! I can't multi-task, either. While I may have many thoughts swimming through my head at any given moment... only the task at hand, or nothing. I do a lot of nothing.