Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Lifelong Student

When I had the opportunity to go to college (I was in my 40s, lost a job and was able to take advantage of federal programs that helped to fund college for those who lost their jobs), I figured out I would likely be a lifelong student.  This from a girl who really, REALLY didn't like high school.  And now I work at that high school, but I digress...

So I embraced the adventure of obtaining a bachelor's degree.  I had a ball!!!  Many times, I was the oldest in the class, and added a different outlook to many class discussions.  But when it came time to get my master's degree, I realized that I didn't want to go down that road.  I was happy doing the type of work I was doing.  I didn't want a degree where I'd then be expected to supervise people.  And at that later age, I realized that I could make that decision and be okay with it.  But I still wanted to learn things. 

So I started looking at classes in the community and online classes.  I've taken a number of Big Picture Classes that will help me get a handle on my scrapbooking and photography.  Tracey Clark, Ali Edwards, Karen Grunberg, Stacy Julian, Elisha Snow...and the list goes on.

Big Picture Classes

I've taken organizing classes, which help me with my word of the year. 

Have fun and get more done with simplify 101

My latest adventure is to learn more about art journaling. 


Visit 21 SECRETS

I'm hoping to post some of my art journaling soon.  The nice thing about it is that there is no right or wrong.  Same thing with scrapbooking.  And actually, same thing with organizing.  Hmmmm... I like that!!!

2 comments:

Ms. A said...

Happy Easter, Peggy!

Tracy said...

Peggy,
I don't think we ever stop learning even if we are not in college! I love your spirit~ I want to take art classes to do watercolor as well as photography! that would be fun...