Sunday, August 30, 2009

Cormick is 2!!

My grandson turns 2 on Monday. True to form on most everything this little boy does, he's ahead of schedule to get to the "terrible twos". He's already exercising his "independence" by telling Mommy that he doesn't WANT to do things. Or he'll whine (albeit mildly) when he DOES want something. We were looking at the tomato plants in his garden, and I asked if I could pick THIS tomato. "No, it not ready" (complete with hand gestures) was the response. Okay Little Man, take charge of your world!!
Being a grandma is one of the most fun jobs I've ever had. My grandsons have given me a perspective on life I never would have imagined possible. I know there are some women who just aren't ready to be called "Grandma", feeling like having the title will somehow make them old. I'm not one of them, and besides...it couldn't be farther from the truth. My grandsons energize me and this is truly the best time of my life!! I'm a GRANDMA!!

1 comment:

Leanne said...

They are so lucky to have YOU! I had so many great moments with my own Grandma, and I think having this relationship with you will mean so much to your grandsons years from now. I do all that I can to ensure my daughters have regular opportunities to see their grandmas and their nana & papa. It isn't always easy, but I know that all of those little moments will add to persons they are becoming. Happy Birthday Cormick!